Pioneering Minimally Invasive Laser Ablation Systems
Monteris Medical was founded in 1999 with the sole focus to help patients suffering from neurological diseases. The company’s goal remains: to create a minimally invasive surgical option for use in the brain.
Monteris and its employees are dedicated to improving the lives of patients, and the people around them, all of whom are affected by epilepsy or brain tumors. We come to work every day committed to developing and delivering leading-edge neurosurgical technology – work that is founded in science and supported by evidence – to enable the safe use of our minimally invasive technology.Martin J. Emerson
Our mission is to be the leader in image-guided thermal therapy, providing proven, intuitive and integrated solutions that deliver value to our partners in the treatment of epilepsy and brain cancer.
We offer hope and healing to patients world-wide as the partner of choice in delivering transformative neurological solutions.
Monteris Medical is committed to delivering innovative neurological solutions by:
- Establishing appropriate requirements from a comprehensive understanding of our users and regulations in applicable geographies.
- Ensuring our products, processes, and services meet their requirements.
- Using data and feedback to drive continuous improvement to ensure the effectiveness of our Quality Management System.
NeuroBlate® System Timeline
- 3,000 Patient Milestone Achieved
- Launched NeuroBlate Fusion-S Software with 3-D Anatomical Views
- Monteris Founders, Dr. Mark Torchia and Richard Tyc Receive the Pioneer in Technology Award by The Society for Brain Mapping & Therapeutics
- 12- Month Results of LAANTERN (Laser Ablation of Abnormal Neurological TissuE using Robotic NeuroBlate System) Published in Neurosurgery
- 2,500 Patient Milestone Achieved
- 500th Patient Enrolled in LAANTERN (Laser Ablation of Abnormal Neurological TissuE using Robotic NeuroBlate System) Study
- Launched NeuroBlate Optic™ Laser Probe
- 2,000 Patient Milestone Achieved
- LAASR (Laser Ablation After Stereotactic Radiosurgery) Results published in the Journal of Neurosurgery
Launched NeuroBlate Fusion™ Software with advanced image co-registration tools and enhanced visualization of the ablation target
Launched M*Vision Pro Software™
Dr. Mark Torchia and Richard Tyc receive Governor General of Canada Innovation Award for the NeuroBlate System
- FullFire® Select Mini Probes
- NeuroBlate Robotic Probe Driver Mini-Bolt 2.2
- Mini-Bolt Access Tool Kit
Voted Gold Winner of Medical Device Excellence Award
Dr. Mark Torchia and Richard Tyc receive Principle Innovation Award for the NeuroBlate System (Ernest C. Manning Foundation)
- AtamA Patient Board 3T
- Philips MRI Interface
- Mini-Bolt Access
- NeuroBlate Robotic Probe Driver
NeuroBlate System commercially available in Canada
- NeuroBlate System for 1.5T and 3T MRI
- Advanced Probe Driver (Robotic LITT)
- M*Vision Software™
- FullFire® Probe
- GE MRI Interface
Moved Headquarters to Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Launched AtamA™ Patient Board
First commercial use of AutoLITT® (now NeuroBlate System) with Sidefire® Probe on 1.5T MRI
FIM Trial completed, 10 patients at Cleveland Clinic and University Hospital Case Medical Center
AutoLITT (now the NeuroBlate System) and AXiiiS® Stereotactic Miniframe launched and commercially available in the United States
First-in-Man (FIM) Safety Trial begins with AutoLITT “Gen1” system
Delivered clinical proof of prototype with in-vivo test
Final bench model developed
AutoLITT, Ltd. is founded in Canada (later renamed to Monteris Medical in 2003).
First prototype of device built by Dr. Mark Torchia in Winnipeg, Canada