Purpose and Scope
The Clinical Specialist position was developed to primarily support driving utilization of Monteris products in customer accounts to achieve company goals and support clinical end-users of the NeuroBlate System. The Clinical Specialist is responsible for application training, customer implementation and on-going support of the Monteris NeuroBlate System and its components. As such,
this position will assist in the application of training programs, conducting on-site hospital support activities, account interface and relationship and documentation of post-sale satisfaction with Monteris systems and products. They will also help facilitate installation of the NeuroBlate System as well as post-sale service of the system. The Monteris Clinical Specialist will serve as a primary customer advocate and support in assigned accounts. The Monteris sales force is responsible for direct sales contact with physicians and institutional providers to generate sales, the Clinical Specialists will be responsible (in conjunction with sales) for ongoing relationship maintenance, account program oversight, extended warranty sales interactions and projects that generate awareness and demand among those same providers. He/she will work with Monteris Marketing to assist in generating demand for NeuroBlate procedures at the customer site and within their community referral base.
Primary Organization Responsibilities
- Ability to travel up to 70% in assigned geography in North America. Ability to lift 40 pounds, stand for long periods of time and be cleared for access to sensitive patient care areas of the hospital.
- Oversees the clinical application of NeuroBlate and provides primary clinical expertise and support of the Monteris NeuroBlate System in customer sites. Performs training, monitors, and evaluates customer’s technical understanding of Monteris products and systems post implementation. This may include testing customer competency, driving procedure growth and on-going clinical support as directed by the Director of Clinical Services.
- Develops solid, productive relationships with all neurosurgeons, neuro-oncologists, neuroradiologists, nurses and technologists in all implemented accounts. Ensures all implemented accounts achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction with Monteris products and systems to ensure customers are advocates as well as reference centers for new accounts, investors and strategic partners.
- Supports and participates in new site qualification processes, installation and service of Monteris product platforms as needed. Assists the Sales team in new account acquisition primarily through technical and clinical support.
- Documents and reports to Monteris each clinical case outcome and metrics, product performance issues, post market findings, and best practices via case report and/or field event reporting forms for all procedures attended.
- Achieves a close working relationship with Monteris internal engineering and product development teams as well as the Product/Project Manager serving as a customer contact and feedback loop regarding technology assessment and technology gap analysis with product enhancement input and recommendations.
Personal Qualifications and Experience Education/Experience
- Four-year Bachelor’s degree minimum, preferably in Engineering, Biology, or Medical Tech/Medical Imaging.
- Practical experience working in hospital Operating Room and/or MRI department and a background in training and support of medical devices.
- Knowledge of planning and navigation software, stereotactic neurosurgery and MRI diagnostic software. Experience with stereotactic applications utilizing three-dimensional image guided surgery for brain biopsies, stimulation, ablation and MRI is a plus.
- Sufficient technical competency must exist to be trained and become an expert on all software applications internal to Monteris product platforms and key external vendors.
- As Monteris is a fast-moving venture with great potential, the ideal candidate will have a strong sense of urgency and a drive to meet objectives. He/she will be a strategic thinker as well as a tactical planner.
- He/she will exhibit flexibility, innovativeness and resourcefulness in accomplishing objectives.
- He/she will work collaboratively in a small team environment, both as leader and team member.
- Must have driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of automobile insurance will be required.